EPMLCM:13000 service not available when importing Planning

I ran in to this issue a couple of times, every time the reason was different and the solution was different.

We get this error when we try to take LCM export of the application from Hyperion Shared Services. When shared services try to connect to Hyperion Planning, it internally calls the following servlet:
http://<Server>:<Port>/HyperionPlanning/servlet/HspLCMServlet

You may get this error when this call fails, it can be because of:
1. Time out the request,
2. Something is blocking this url,
3. Wrong server or port information in the EpmSystem Registry,
4. Because of an internal bug,
5. Something else! :)

Here I will be talking about point 3.

Situation: My OHS was configured to direct all the traffic using 19000 base port,  its the default port for OHS for EPM system. Because of some reasons I have to reconfigure OHS to 19001 and I have reverted it to 19000. Every thing else was working fine, I can access HSS, Planning Application, Essbase application, reports etc. until I realize that I cant take LCM export.

I checked the LCM logs and found:
[SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.lcm.common.LCMLogger] [SRC_METHOD: log] Service currently not available.
[SRC_CLASS: ?] [SRC_METHOD: ?:?] Failed to connect to "http://rahul:19001/HyperionPlanning/servlet/HspLCMServlet" while performing explore/listing of application - "CVI_PLAN". Received status code - 500 with error message - "HTTP Post Execution error occurred during - "WebPlugin.getArtifactListing". Exception : Connection refused"

When I tried access the url: http://rahul:19001/HyperionPlanning/servlet/HspLCMServlet , I got a blank page with regular error message.

When I pulled the EPM system Registry I got to know that HSS port for LCM is still pointing to 19001:




I used the following command to update the registry information:

./epmsys_registry.sh updateproperty \#f84129f6224a3e2fS41b1ba0e14e27c39e30S7ffc/@port 19000

Worked like a charm:


Now when I test the same servlet URL, it got:



There is also a bug floating (which is fixed!) : This issue is caused by unpublished Bug 18327819 - LCM IMPORT FAILS WITH "MAX ERRORS THRESHOLD" SET AS ">5000" IN MIGRATION OPTIONS


Cheers..!!
Rahul S.


Comments

  1. Great work and thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fyi, we got this message because our IDs did not have planning access. So check your security first!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Multiple Navigation Flows are Active

The Member Does Not Exists For The Specified Cube

"Smart View handled an unknown exception thrown by Microsoft Office" Error on Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2008